Good Food Meal Program
Providing a dinner for our Reinhart Guest House guests is a wonderful opportunity to serve and comfort those in need. This allows our guests the opportunity to relax and remain strong for their loved ones at St. Mary’s Hospital.
Steps to planning a meal at the Reinhart Guest House:
- Select a date and we will confirm by sending a calendar invitation, which you can share with your fellow meal planners!
- Meal planning tip – Healthy, nutritious meals will help our guests maintain their strength and overall health during a very stressful time.
- We will provide a head count by email 72 hours prior to your scheduled meal.
- Need menu ideas? Check out these healthy recipes!
- On your meal planning date, you may use the Reinhart Guest House parking lot.
- All meal planners must sign in prior to cooking, and sign a photo release.
- We love to post our volunteer meal planners on Facebook – Like us!
- Tours of the Guest House are always available for your group.
FAQs about cooking in the Evelyn D. Reinhart Guest House kitchen:
- Can I bring food that I prepared in my own kitchen?
- Please transfer food appropriately, to ensure food is maintaining a safe temperature.
- What kind of food should I bring?
We always recommend simple, healthy meals. Most people bring a main course with a few sides and a dessert.
- What about allergies?
You do not need to be concerned about food allergies. To avoid any allergic reactions, we do ask that you have a list of ingredients, so families are aware.
- Will I need to bring my own cooking supplies, paper products or cutlery?
We always welcome donations of paper products and plastic cutlery, but check with us prior to purchasing! Our kitchen is equipped with wonderful supplies, so just ask us for what you need. We have plenty of pots and pans, dishes, baking trays and tins, knives, cutting boards and some seasonings.
- Do I need to bring drinks?
We always appreciate and welcome drink donations such as bottled water, tea, lemonade, juice and soda.
- How large of a volunteer group can you accommodate?
We ask that groups be a maximum of 10 people to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to participate.
- Can I bring my children?
Yes, but please note that children must be with adults at all times.
Many employers will match volunteer hours. Please visit https://www.bsvaf.org/matchinggifts to see if your company participates in a philanthropy matching program. By completing a matching gifts form, you may be able to increase the impact of your contribution.