“What a magnificent volunteer experience I have had since the opening of the Reinhart House.” – Babs Cohen
Since June 2014, the Evelyn D. Reinhart Guest House has supported more than 4,000 families. With only 1-4 staff members supporting our operation, we are dependent on dedicated volunteers who are sensitive to the needs of our families.
Volunteers can support the Reinhart Guest House mission by helping us answer phone calls, manage our welcome desk, greet and support families’ daily needs, perform light housekeeping duties, write thank-you notes, prepare meals, support administrative projects, to name a few important jobs.
For more information about group or individual volunteer opportunities, please contact the Reinhart Guest House at 804-287-7300 or email@example.com. If you wish to pursue a more permanent volunteer position at the Guest House, please click here for the volunteer application.
Individual Volunteer Opportunities
- Front desk receptionist
- Light housekeeping
- Committee member (example: Rockin’ on the Avenue event)
- Volunteer at a special event supporting the Guest House
- Become a House Ambassador
- Family dinner program (prepare a meal for our families)
- Service day in the Guest House, such as baking, assembling hospital to go bags, preparing meals to freeze, indoor and outdoor cleaning
- Baking or making healthy snacks for our families
- Create thoughtful cards or other treasures that can be left in our guest bedrooms
- Organize a special fundraiser that supports the Guest House
- Celebrating an anniversary, birthday or wedding
- Honoring an individual or someone’s memory
- For a special occasion or accomplishment
- To celebrate a holiday
- ‘Outside the House’ Projects: food and or bubble drives, caregiver resource book drive, organizational fundraising activities such as jeans day, bake sale, supply drive or car wash