“What a magnificent volunteer experience I have had for the past year since the opening of the Reinhart House.” – Babs Cohen
Since June 2014, the Evelyn D. Reinhart Guest House has supported more than 1,900 families. With only 5 staff members, we are heavily dependent on dedicated volunteers who are sensitive to the needs of our families.
Individuals or groups can enjoy fun and rewarding experiences by volunteering their time and talents at the Reinhart Guest House. Volunteers support our operation by staffing the front desk, assisting families, performing light housekeeping, writing thank-you notes, washing windows, preparing meals, organizing storage closets, and cleaning carpets to name a few important jobs.
There are many ways you, your family, company or civic group can get involved. For more information about the volunteer program please complete the volunteer application below and/or contact house manager, Katie DeMaio at 804-287-7392 or Katherine_demaio@bshsi.org.
Individual Volunteer Opportunities
- Front desk receptionist
- Light housekeeping
- Committee member (example: Rockin’ on the Avenue event)
- Volunteer at a special event supporting the Guest House
- Become a House Ambassador
- Baking or making healthy snacks for our families.
Group Volunteer Opportunities:
- Family dinner program (prepare a meal for our families)
- Service day opportunities, such as baking, putting together hospital to go bags, making pre-prepared meals to be frozen, indoor and outdoor cleaning products
- Create thoughtful cards or other treasures that can be left in our guest rooms
- Organize your very own fundraiser
- Celebrating an anniversary, birthday or wedding
- Honoring an individual or someone’s memory
- For a special occasion or accomplishment
- To celebrate a holiday
- ‘Outside the House’ Projects: food drives or bubble drives, caregiver resource book drives, small fundraising activities (example: jeans day)