“What a magnificent volunteer experience I have had since the opening of the Reinhart House.” – Babs Cohen
Since June 2014, the Evelyn D. Reinhart Guest House has supported more than 3,200 families. With only 5 staff members, we are dependent on dedicated volunteers who are sensitive to the needs of our families.
Volunteers can support the Reinhart Guest House mission by helping us answer phone calls, manage our welcome desk, greet and support family’s daily needs, perform light housekeeping duties, write thank-you notes, prepare meals, support administrative projects, to name a few important jobs.
For more information about the volunteer opportunities, please contact house manager, Katie DeMaio at 804-287-7392 or Katherine_demaio@bshsi.org. If you wish to pursue a more permanent volunteer position at the Guest House, please click on the following volunteer application link.
Individual Volunteer Opportunities
- Front desk receptionist
- Light housekeeping
- Committee member (example: Rockin’ on the Avenue event)
- Volunteer at a special event supporting the Guest House
- Become a House Ambassador
- Baking or making healthy snacks for our families
Group Volunteer Opportunities:
- Family dinner program (prepare a meal for our families)
- Service day in the Guest House, such as baking, assembling hospital to go bags, preparing meals to freeze, indoor and outdoor cleaning
- Create thoughtful cards or other treasures that can be left in our guest bedrooms
- Organize a special fundraiser that supports the Guest House
- Celebrating an anniversary, birthday or wedding
- Honoring an individual or someone’s memory
- For a special occasion or accomplishment
- To celebrate a holiday
- ‘Outside the House’ Projects: food and or bubble drives, caregiver resource book drive, organizational fundraising activities such as jeans day, bake sale, supply drive or car wash